Sunday, July 7

A shape produced by a curve that bends around and crosses on itself.

So this is the beginning.  To many things.  Moreover, the end to others.  Things loop high and low, loop-de-loo, back around, twist, and come back around, loop again.  But for the first time in a very long time, I feel I'm able to grip the handlebars and hold on, and my body is weightless as I fly on this ride.  The kinda feeling when you are on a swing ride at the carnival.  You fly in circles, viewing the same things over and over again, but every time you fly over a section, you see things new, or differently.   The world is sharp, vivid, and exciting and no one even has to know I'm watching.  

The day after I finally left a gray, principle-eating job, life presented me with some pretty colorful doors to open.  I am involved in an internship with a magazine that I have loved for a very long time, with content that rings home.  All about Oregon, it's amazing people, their tiny beautiful talents, and where they wanderlust.  The people I work with are so nice, so cool, I don't know how to be.  I've had to remember how to be, after working under individuals who wouldn't ever let me be me.  I find myself in a place where I'm obnoxiously grateful for even being listened to, my ideas valued, and the biggest challenge has been to tone it down a bit.  My previous work environment was so toxic, and the people at the magazine remind me of who I was before I got all weathered.  So far, the experience has been journey into coming into my brightness again.  I remember this girl hiding deep inside, who is comfortable, smart, and confident.  I am remembering the feeling of worthiness, and learning to be patient as I come back into myself.   

I start writing again, today.  Wish I was hip enough to actually write, but I type a heck of alot faster!  I contributed to my naturalist blog for the last year, but it is no longer mine, and I need somewhere to foster my thoughts.  The reason I began to write again is because a few days ago, my best friend asked me to marry him, and I never ever want to forget the story.  Never, ever, nope.  


No comments:

Post a Comment